Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Week 4 Check In!

I just started week 5 and wanted to give you an update on my progress.

The last couple of weeks have been difficult to say the least.  I have missed a few days and had a few days of bad eating.  It's going to happen. I've not beaten myself up over it. I have just kept moving forward.

I did get through my last issue regarding the gluten free diet and more options.  I have opened myself up for more non-gluten carbs such as potatoes on occasion (rarely) and brown rice in limited quantities.  That has seamed to help quite a bit and I thank my friends who gave me the advice to add a little into my diet.

I lost almost four pounds in my first week and then not much after that. I would gain a pound, lose a pound over and over again.  At the end of week 4 I was down a total of 5 pounds for the month. Not as much as I wanted but I will take it.  I know this is going to be slow going so I'll just keep plugging away.

I have noticed a change in my stomach area. I've lost 3 inches at my largest spot. I'm happy about that. I have a few pants that don't want to stay up anymore and a few that fit me better. I'm wondering how I ever got into them before! Fat is very squishy though. :)

I have not taken any current pictures. I need to and will try to soon. I've been really busy trying to be nursemaid to my husband. He had his second hip replacement last week and I've been trying my best (though not successfully at times) to be a good nurse to him. He's a good patient though and is working hard towards walking again. He is such an amazing man and he keeps me going forward. Anything I have a little ache or pain I imagine what he has been through over the past several years and what he must be feeling now trying to heal. He is a brave man!

I have some day one vs. day 28 stats just so you can see where I started, where I'm at and how far I have yet to go. It's humbling and also uplifting!







DAY 1
DAY 28
Difference
Weight
178.8
173.8
-5 pounds
Chest:
Upper
41
40
-1.00
Middle
44
42
-2.00
Lower
39.5
37
-2.50
Waist:
Natural
41.5
39.5
-2.00
Belly Button
45
42
-3.00
Lower
46
44.5
-1.50
Hips
42.5
42
-0.50
Thighs:
Right
24
24
0.00
Left
23.5
23.5
0.00
Arms:
Right
13.25
13
-0.25
Left
12.5
12.5
0.00
12.75
Total Inches Lost


The scale may lie but inches don't! :) I'm very happy to see that I've lost a total of three inches around my belly button! My thighs and hips will take a little longer because there isn't as much softness there. It's all in the stomach. The worst possible place to carry it!

I'm in my last week of the Alpha round of T-25. Next week starts the Beta round and I'm a little scared.  I thought that started this week and I was so happy to see there are 5 weeks in each round.  I am going to try the Beta round for the first week and see if I should drop back to the Alpha for a few more weeks.  I am not as fit as most others doing this program and I don't want to hurt myself! Especially if the Alpha round is still giving me a great workout. Which it is!  I am still using modifications for most of it.  I was happy to finally be able to do all the burpees in the workout last night. Still doing modifications for other moves but I did the burpees! Yeah for baby steps. :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!!!! I'm off to Montana tomorrow and will start tracking my T25 progress when I return on Monday. I'm not even going to pretend to commit to doing it while at a blues festival with 15 high school buddies from the 70's.

Unknown said...

Taking the babies with you too? That should be fun. :)

Have a great trip and enjoy your blues festival! :)