Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 4, Or Hormonal Overload. You Pick.

Hahahaha! That should keep the guys away!

Why is it I always start a workout program the week I also start my period? It is such a strange occurrence and it seems to happen more often then not! Now my official 30, 60, & 90 day weigh-ins will all be around my favorite bloaty time of the month! Oh yeah! Lucky me. :)

I guess I could look at the plus side. I made it through day three and now I know why I was so freaking emotional and hungry all day.  And I have hit day four and have a loss of almost 4 pounds since Monday.  I'm down 3.8 pounds so far. YEAH!

I know, I tell all my customers trying to lose weight that it's not about a number on a scale.  And honestly, it really isn't.  But I will admit that it feels good to see that number drop each day.  Even if it's a .2 of a pound it's still a move in the right direction.  Because no matter how much you try to focus on exercising and eating right to be healthy and fit you know you are always thinking about getting down to your "fighting weight". We all do.

After working with Beachbody for so many years and learning about nutrition and how our bodies respond to foods and not just calories in/calories out I feel a little better when I step on the scale.  I know there will be times when I gain more muscle than I've lost fat. And I have also gone through weeks of building to just have inches fall off my waist. Oh I remember that two weeks of amazement! And I know it will happen again if I don't give up! And I said if, I know. I said if because I am human and I do fail and I can't go into this with the view that life won't happen.  That is the quickest way to become depressed.  I have had people email me saying they were halfway through Insanity and sprained their ankle, what should they do? They can't take the two weeks off to let it heal! That will ruin the whole program! It will make the past 40 days mean NOTHING! So not true!

I am older and wiser now. I know to not push through when I am feeling sick or run down. Listen to your body. Eat when you need to fuel your body, not because you are bored, sad, upset, tired, thirsty, or just hungry for something that isn't food! Social interaction perhaps? Hmmm.  I also know to not put myself through the mental game of being a failure.  Failures are human nature people.  I am not a failure because I had a cookie. I had a set back.

Ok, I wrote all that as a pep talk to myself.  I am after feeling very precarious and hormonal and vulnerable.  I needed to hear myself say I am not a failure because I had such a horrible workout last night. I did it. I made it through and I'll do better tonight!

Whew, I feel much better now. Thanks me!

Have a great day everyone! I hope you have sun in your heart especially if it's not in your sky!

UPDATED
I had to come back and let you know I had a great workout today. It was all abs and OMG I got sweaty and I know I'll be sore!
Sweaty face! Love it!

No comments: