Saturday, April 22, 2006

OY VEY X 5!

When I said Oy Vey the other day I had no idea how right I was! I ened up going to the doctor on Friday when one whole side of my face hurt and I was nausious! The pain was horrible! Guess what? I had had a migraine for 4 days. Today makes day 5. I had no idea it was a migraine. Not the same symptoms of my old migraines. Turns out my migraines have morphed. I didn't have any of the visual issues. No black spots or shinny floaties. I started with an eye twitch on Tuesday and within half an hour I was in pain and felt dizzy. It has lasted since then. The doc doubled my dose of migraine meds yesterday. I took them twice. Now tonight I have to take a different one if this one doesn't work. Since I took it twice and it didn't go away I am thinking I will take the other tonight. My doctor told me that I had to wait 24 hours inbetween medications that were different. So I can't take anymore until 6pm tonight. I am not in as much pain, and I was able to eat this morning. But it still hasn't completely gone away.

I have never had one that lasted so long and gave me this kind of pain. My migraines have always been classic migraines. Shinny lights, black spots, pressure and then pain and nausia. This is so different. Pain on one side of my face, not so much pressure as just pain. Still extreme nausia and an eye twitch. Strange. I hope it gets better as the day goes on. I need to plant some flowers today while it is nice. I need to clean my house, hang my curtains, paint a few walls. Clean a few bathrooms. Maybe my two year old nephew can help. :) He's adorable.

1 comment:

KellyC said...

You know I feel your pain!
When I was younger, my migraines were ALWAYS left side.
When I started getting right side stuff happening, it freaked me out, because it wasn't what I was used to. When the "new" ones started happening, it made me more sick more often too, so that's good.

There are soooo many different types of migraines that are out there, and people don't even know that's what it is. I mean, really, how are people supposed to know when doctors don't even know what the hell's going on???

It sucks. Plain and simple.