Monday, September 09, 2013

T-25 Break

Ok, my T-25 break went a little longer than I had planned. I was dealing with some ankle stuff still and didn't want to push it. I am now thinking I have to at least try and keep things modified and keep my body moving!

I've not been very good lately with my gluten intake and I can really tell. My ankles are swollen and it hurts every morning when I get out of bed. I'm bloated and I'm thirsty too.  While I've not had the normal amounts of gluten I used to I've still had a little here and there. Some almost every day even if it is in a small amount. So it's time to start focusing on eliminating that completely again.  I always feel so much better when I do.

It's been a tough few weeks. It seems that when you aren't working out you aren't motivated to really focus on food either. It's funny how those two go hand in hand like that. Things have been a little stressful around my house lately too and I have also noticed that when that happens I tend to want gluten-y types of foods. Chicken fingers & pizza types of things. Not good at all. Knowing is half the battle though right?

In other news:

My middle child has a friend getting married in February. I think I am going to do their wedding cake. Scary! It's been about 15 years since I've decorated professionally. So I told Pat to expect some cakes to be made over the next several months. He said he's ok with that. lol. It's a good thing I don't crave cakes because I think we will have them all around us until I feel comfortable again. :) I'm making a mental list of all the things I need to pick up, some cake pans, a large mat to roll out the fondant. Some cake boards. A large frosting tip, some disposable bags, new icing colors....I really want a heavy duty turntable to ice the cakes but those are so dang expensive! I saw a lady who used a really big wide can of beans or something to rest the cake on. That could work. Maybe attach a lazy susan to a large can...I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here. I'll post pictures of my different tries and failures as I'm sure there will be some. I have always worked in butter cream but I've been really wanting to stretch my knowledge of fondant so I am going to start playing with it. It does look like a bakers version of play-do after all! lol. And now I have the perfect oven for baking in too! SCORE! YES! :)

I may be making a baby shower cake too. Not sure. I'm thinking about it. It could be fun. :)

I'm always so impressed with bloggers who have things to write about. I don't seem to have stuff very often so my posts are sporadic at best! I'm not funny or introspective, I don't write about must know topics either. I just don't have that kind of gumption! haha! Lucky for all of you! 

So I'll keep my sporadic writing and leave the rest to the professionals out that that I love to read each and every day! You all know who you are! Wait, no, you don't! Well, my favorite blogs are listed on my blog I think...Just a sec, I'll look...Yes, they are all there!
The Bloggess
The Pioneer Woman
Post Secrets (Every Sunday)
Epbot
Cake Wrecks

So now you all know my favorite blog writers. There are more but they don't post quite as often so I didn't add them.  Doesn't mean I don't love them but they are not as current on their posts, kind of like me. :)

No comments: