Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week 2, Total Body Curcuit

This is one hard workout for me.  You are on your feet and on the ground, doing push-ups, doing spider push-ups (crazy things) and then back on your feet for lunges and squats.

The first time I did this last week I thought I was going to pass out.  I blamed it on the hormones as the very next day I had a monthly visitor. TMI? Nah, I'm talking to myself in here! Nothing is TMI right? hahaha. And my friends who may read this are nodding their head in agreement. Love you guys!

Ok, back to my workout last night.  I have to say that out of all six of the workouts I've done this one is hardest for me.  I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is that kills me.  Is it the floor work? It is very hard.  Is it the going up and down? Could be.  I have plenty of time to figure it out though because I'll be doing the Alpha stage longer than most I think.  This lady isn't advancing until I can do it without having to do all modifications!

I am always testing myself when it comes to food.  What can I eat and still keep the scale going in the right direction? What does my body enjoy?  Last night I gave it a small serving of rice noodles with a veggie/chicken stirfry I made.  I was up nearly half a pound this morning.  So I think that I really need to watch those starchy carbs even after I have a major workout.  My body isn't processing them very well. Today I'll have a nice salmon salad with some lemon wedges for lunch. I had half a peach with non fat cottage cheese for a snack, which was awesome, and I'll have another shakeology for dinner tonight after my workout as I have an oils class this evening and won't have time to make myself anything.

I've been drinking the new Vanilla Shakeology and I am loving it.  Jo (my eldest daughter) says it's a little too sweet for her.  I fixed that by adding a tablespoon of nonfat plain greek yogurt.  It really cuts the sweet down a little.  But if you like sweet and you like vanilla you will love this.  It's amazing.  I'm not a huge sweet fan but this stuff is just the bees knees! I'm so glad that Beachbody didn't give up on creating an all natural Vanilla Shakeology!  Now I have the Tropical Strawberry and the Vanilla along with my Greenberry to switch between.  I don't care much for the chocolate but some of my family likes it so I keep it on hand.  I need to come up with a storage solution though as my counter is getting full.  Small kitchen problems! Ugh.

I'll leave you all with a picture of my sweaty face after last night's workout!

T-25 Total Body Circuit Complete!

No comments: