Monday, July 18, 2011

I did it! Week one ChaLEAN Extreme is complete!

I am so thankful today was a rest day.  I was so sore that even my arm pits hurt! That is some serious lifting!

But seriously, I honestly can't even begin to tell you all how thankful I am that I found ChaLEAN Extreme.  I have so many Beachbody programs and I like and love all of them for many different reasons.  I feel like the pieces are finally all coming together and I am getting it.  I must be a really slow learner because I've been trying to get it for several years now.

You know how you can know all the information.  Heck you can even help others because you know all the information.  But you don't focus on yourself because it's easier to help others and keep that focus away from your own needs.  If you don't focus on yourself then you won't fail right?  Wrong.  It is failing.  It's failing my family, my husband, my friends, my kids and even my job.  But worse than that, I am failing myself by not working on being the healthiest person I can be.  That was a hard thing to realize.  I know I love helping others.  That is why I felt a calling to be a coach for Beachbody.  It was always about reaching people who don't feel there is any hope.  Seeing a person who couldn't walk up a flight of stairs now working out 5 days a week and working towards a half marathon in November!  Now that is why I became a coach.

But helping others isn't enough.  I need to help myself.  That is why I am putting myself out here for all to see. I have my faults.  I am not a perfect Beachbody but yet I am a coach and I am helping people and now I can honestly say I am also helping myself.

I am so thankful for my friends and family who are so supportive of me on my journey.  I know it's not going to be easy.  I've been down this road before but I was younger and faster then.  It's going to be a slower journey but this time, I will not rest when I see the destination in the horizon.  I got comfortable and just knowing I was almost there was enough before.  It felt good to be healthy even though I wasn't exactly where I wanted to be.  This time I realize it's for life.  The journey to health and fitness never ends.  There is no final destination only small stops along the way to reflect, look back and take the next road.

Thanks for being with me!  Tomorrow I start a new week with Burn Circuit 1. YEAH!  I can't wait! My muscles are sore and need to be worked and loosened up again.

No comments: