Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Evening Workouts...

I tend to go back and forth between evening workouts and morning workouts.  Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I work out at night.  Friday, Saturday & Sunday I work out in the morning.  What?  ChaLEAN Extreme is only 5 days a week you say?  Oh yes you are right.  Wednesday night is one of my "off" days but I have a fit club and this week we are doing some Rev Abs! Oh yeah!  So while I technically do 5 ChaLEAN workouts I throw in an extra cardio each week with my girls!  So, back to the whole morning vs. evening thing.

When I workout at night I don't get my workout in until about 7:30ish.  I get home from work around 6:20, make dinner for the family and then change and get into my workout gear.  Log into the Wowy Super Gym and start my workout.  I'm usually done by 8pm to spend a little quality time with my hubby.  The thing about this is that I don't get to eat dinner until 8.  That puts my bed time at 11.  Since I wait three hours after a meal before going to bed.  Not that this is a big issue or anything.  After pushing myself really hard I find that I have way more energy and I am just not as tired as I used to be this time at night.  Not good when it comes to getting up in the morning for work though! ;)

Now I love Friday, Saturday & Sunday!  I don't have to get up super early to get my workout done because I don't work on those days.  I can get up at 7:30am and be working out by 8am.  This is great.  I get a great workout done first thing in the morning, grab my Shakeology and hit the showers.  I am good to go the rest of the day and start my day on a HUGE high note!  These are my favorite times to workout!  I don't do morning workouts on the week days because there is a huge difference between 7:30am and 5:30am.  At least in my mind there is.  I'm working on this mental block because I can't help but feel I'd love to get all my workouts done in the morning and start on that huge high!  Except the fit club workouts, those will always be at 6pm, I am not making my ladies get up at 5:30am to come to work and workout. :) I would never do that to you guys! You are my friends! ;)

Anyone else have these kinds of issues?  What time do you prefer to workout?  Have you made the switch to mornings and have suggestions on making it easier?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

For me, I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing for now because it is working and I am getting good workouts in and for me that is very, very important.  I love pushing it as hard as I can!

No comments: