Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Ok, so I talk about health and nutrition and exercise! I talk until I'm blue in the face sometimes. :) I can't help it, that's just me.  But I want to let you guys in on a little secret.  You ready?  I love to cook.  LOVE to cook.  For large groups, small groups or just me.  I love to mix and make wonderful creations.  Not always the healthiest either.  But I will say I like to cook with whole foods and local ingredients.  I find that makes me feel a little better when adding butter to a dish. :)

But, my most recent cookbook is Ree's cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  What? Have you not heard of this?  Really?  Have you not like me sat and read her entire blog and then become a daily visitor?  If not, you need to click on over to her blog.  She is only the goofiest, sweetest, honest writer I have seen in a while.  I only dream of writing like Ree! She is an inspiration to bloggers everywhere! And while I tend to only repost things that I find interesting because I have no writing skills, she is in there every day writing about her life and putting it all out there for us to read.  That takes some serious balls!  Which she has. :)  And if you haven't purchased her cookbook, you should.  Especially if you like lots and lots of pictures and stories behind the recipes.  I've always read cookbooks like I would a book.  They are serious page turners for me and I love to read a cookbook from beginning to end.  Hers is a great cookbook just to sit and read!


I also love to decorate cakes.  I used to do it for a living in my distant past, when the kids were young. :) It was fun but hard work.  Back breaking work actually.  Try bending over a sheet of cake doing intricate detailed piping and get back to me.  Yeah, it's hard work and I take my hat off to wonderful cake decorators everywhere!  I stumbled across a great blog one day called Cake Wrecks.  Jen and her husband John along with an assistant Jen (I think) write hilariously wonderful entries each and every day!  A wonderful new cake wreck each day, usually more than one! And they have a great book too!  I have yet to get said book, it's in my Amazon saved shopping cart for after the holidays.  One of my next great purchases!  Totally fun and a great way to put a smile on your face each and every morning!


What else?  Hmmmm.  Oh, well, I do have a small, teeny, little obsession with another blog.  I really need to spend less time surfing around don't I?  This blog though has a special place in my heart.  It is called Post Secret.  Maybe you've heard of it.  Amazing.  You read people's secrets each and every Sunday there are several new secrets put up for our reading pleasure.  Some are funny, some are ridiculous, while others are heart warming and even quite shocking.  I always feel connected to those who have sent their secret in.  It's as if there is a little of all of us in many of those secrets.  Sometimes I wish I could reach out and hug the person who submitted the secret.  And those who know me know that I am not a hugger!  So that's pretty hug.  I'm more of a pat on the back, knucks, high five kind of gal. Oh, yeah, and there are MANY books too! You can go to any book store for any of the books I've talked about or you can do what I do, go to your favorite online store. :)  Frank (creator of Post Secret) also does live events! Check it out to see if he is coming to your area...I'm still waiting for him to come to the Portland Oregon area! Are you listening Frank? ;)



I also love music and singing.  Hahaha...I'm not allowed to sing and if you've ever had the pleasure of hearing me sing in the car you understand.  One of these days I will do some karaoke! I will have to do it to a room of complete strangers because I don't want to put anyone I love through that kind of torture. :)  Although they may laugh so much they pee a little.  That might be worth it, I'm used to being at the butt of the jokes.  I'm good at doing something that causes my family to wonder about my sanity.  Seriously, I don't mean to say or do the things I do at times, it just happens.  I'm luck that way I guess.  Truly blessed.

Ok, so now you know a few of my favorite things.  Beachbody, which you already knew! Pioneer Woman, Cake Wrecks, Post Secret & singing to my favorite 80's hair bands!  ;)

This concludes a peek at what makes Woo.

No comments: