Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What are you thankful for?

We often get bogged down with the every day. We go to work, go home, take care of family, cook dinner, make sure homework is done and then collapse into bed thoroughly exhausted only to do the same thing the following day.

Most of us, myself included, rarely take the time to think about those little blessings that make our life a joy. The things that bring us sunshine and smiles. Well, thanks to one of my favorite people
http://mensch71.blogspot.com/ aka People are Strange, aka Aunt Tuna (that's how I first came to know her), I am now in this introspective mood. I said retrospective on her blog. hehe. Yeah, that too. lol. What can I say, I've been sick for quite a while, the brain, she ain't what she used to be. :) So here is my list of things to be truly thankful for:

My Family
My source of strength when things get too hectic, exhausting or just plain frustrating. I have three great kids who can always make me laugh even when I am sick and my head feels like it may explode! I am truly blessed by these wonderful people.
My husband, who is always my strength, my rock. He may be a guy through and through and say things that are not always the right thing to say. But he always has my best interests at heart and he is ready to go to battle to protect me and his family. He makes me feel safe just knowing he is in my corner.

My Pug. Yeah, I know, it's just an animal. Not! This is my baby. She is 7 years old and a pampered princess, but you wouldn't know it by meeting her. She loves anyone and everyone. She doesn't know a stranger. She is loving and funny, she has one of the best personalities I have ever seen in a dog! And she is smart too! She always knows who in the family needs her the most, whether they are sick or just down, she will always know and be on that persons lap. It never fails to amaze me what she knows.

My Mother-in-law. What a wonderful woman. She will call me just to check in. If she doesn't hear back from me she gets worried, even if it's only been 30 minutes since she called. :) "Where have you been!" is something I get a lot from her. :) She took me in as a teenager in need of a motherly influence. She helped raise me during a time in my life where I most needed guidance. She is a great woman and a wonderful mom, not to mention a wonderful grandmother. I am blessed and lucky to have her.

My job. Yeah, my job. I'm grateful and thankful that I have a job that I enjoy. One that lets me spend time with my family and that provides great health insurance. That is a big blessing.

And the one thing I am most thankful for:
Jesus and his ransom sacrifice. I am thankful that we have a loving and just God that has provided for our sins. Through Jesus we all have a hope for eternal life. Our sins have been forgiven. We must exercise faith in Him and do works in His name. Preach the good news of the Kingdom for all to hear. For this I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Retrospective.
Introspective.
Perspective.

Funny how all three things are hugely important in the growing up process. Especially after yesterday's tragedy in Virginia.