Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Meme This #2

Brought to you by People Are Strange!

Well, it's another week and time for another meme. Knock yourself out.
Leave yours in comments or on your own blog. And, um, Happy Thanksgiving!

PLOT
What person(s) has impacted the direction of your life either professionally or spiritually?
Jehovah and his son Jesus being the top of the list. My husband Pat being number three.

CHARACTER
What bad habit do you promise to kick but never actually do?
I keep promising myself that I am going to get organized. It never works. I am one of those pack rats when it comes to post it notes and such. I need to get everything into my planner!

THOUGHT.
How many books do you read each month? What are you reading now?
On a good month I can get a couple in. I used to read non-stop, but I don't find the time like I used to. Right now I'm reading "The Cat that Went Bananas"

DICTION
List three of the most misused (or mispronounced) words in the English language?
Well, if I think about the words my mother misuses it would be Prescription to a magazine, or a Subscription of medicine from her doctor or how about Destructions, you know, the piece of paper that tells you how to put something together. Oye Veh.

SOUND
What can you hear right now while you are answering this question?
My fingers typing on the key board. A lady sitting 20 feet away turning a page, the humm of the computer.

SPECTACLE
What an "over the top" luxury that you cannot do without?
Over the top? None. I'm too simple.

1 comment:

KellyC said...

PLOT
What person(s) has impacted the direction of your life either professionally or spiritually?
Professionally: Chalene Johnson. Without her bringing Turbo Jam to BeachBody, and holding Turbo Camp, I wouldn't be teaching Turbo Kick right now and actually LIKING MY JOB.

CHARACTER
What bad habit do you promise to kick but never actually do?
Not eating properly. I go through good periods, of course, but I've never "become" that healthy eating person 95% of the time.

THOUGHT.
How many books do you read each month? What are you reading now?
I used to be a voracious reader. As I've gotten older, I find it harder to concentrate on a book. And, now that I'm digging a little deeper, I think since I started this proofreading mutual fund prospectus job a few years ago, I've come to associate reading = bad. Interesting!
The last book I read was YOU on a Diet by Dr. Roizen/Dr. Oz last week.


DICTION
List three of the most misused (or mispronounced) words in the English language?
Okay, I'm a proofreader. I can't even start this question, or I'll never leave the house.
I know a 26 year old man who says SUNTHING instead of SOMETHING.
One of my biggest pet peeves:
adding 's to EVERYTHING, which most of the time is WRONG.
Your for you're - obviously, kids are not being taught this stuff in school, and with everything being done on computers nowadays with spell check . . . okay I'm off on a tirade.


SOUND
What can you hear right now while you are answering this question?
A bad rendition of a Christmas song by N'Sync on Hot103 (radio).
Also, the back of my brain telling me to get in the shower, and to the chiropractor, and grocery shopping, and back here for a proofreading delivery, to be done before my Turbo Kick class tonight.


SPECTACLE
What an "over the top" luxury that you cannot do without?
I'm LOLing here, 'cause luxury is not in my life. Having said that, I guess a trip to Camp Turbo Kick is my luxury now. Never mind that it's costing $279 + $279 for Bryon and me, I have an extra $135 for Bryon to get certified at camp. Accommodations, transportation, rental car, food, clothes . . . I'd best get on MORE Turbo classes every week!