Sunday, July 23, 2006

Yes God, I understand.

So you know those times when you are so miserable, so upset, so jealous you can just taste it? And then God decides to show you what really matters? Yes, today, right now, is one of those times.

I just got the call that my F-I-L is back in the hospital. I don't know if you remember, but a few months back he had several heart attacks within a 24 hour period of time, we didn't think he would make it. He pulled out of it, and we thought that all was well. They did surgery to correct the blockage to his heart and he was good to go. My kids would have their grandpa while growing up. All was good with the world. Mom and Dad started hugging again, holding hands again. They realized that they didn't have forever.

I am just sick that this is happening all over again. I now have to go and tell my disabled sister in law that her dad is in the hospital again. She is 42 years old, but is mentally about 8. I don't want to do this, but I must.

I don't care too much about not going to turbo camp right now, I don't care that my husband was able to have fun on the beach without me. I don't care that my job has been very stressful. I just care about my family. That is what is important. Thank you God for this reminder. I hate that it has to come to something so horrible to bring me back out of the pity party and the me me state that I was in.

Please send get well vibes, and if you are the praying type, that would be good also.

Update-Dad is doing good. They don't think it was a heart attack, instead they think his medication was to blame. It slowed his heart way down, they have taken him off it and are monitoring him. He will see his cardiologist tomorrow.

2 comments:

web said...

Sorry to hear that L, though the update sounds positive. I tried to call you last night, cause you sounded so blue, but I got the wrong Woo.

HULA77 said...

hi leann, I'm so glad to hear your FIL's troubles were NOT a heart attack(s)! It does humble you though when something like this happens. My thoughts are with you.

Lis.