Friday, June 09, 2006

Run, Jog or Walk....


It's all good!

I have went out walking/jogging for the last three days in a row. I'm really excited about that. Last night as I was out jogging and fast walking through the neighborhood I started to focus on what I was doing. Not just doing it. I was wondering what the difference was to a jog and a run. Yeah, I've kidded myself into thinking that I run occasionally. :) It's more like a faster jog. So as I am thinking about this I start to pick up my knees a little more, to lengthen my stride a little more, kick my feet up in the back a little higher. I was actually running. For about 100 paces. Then I died. :) Running is a big harder than jogging. I would have to say that jogging is the easiest out of the three. When I walk it is fast paced heal to toe rocking motion with my arms moving in tandem to my feet. It is fast and it keeps my heart rate up. Just when I think my legs can't take it anymore I break into a jog. Whew. That helps. My heart rate increases, but the muscle strain isn't as bad. Then to push it a little more I slipped it a real run last night!

By the time I got home I was red faced and sweaty! It felt good. I realized that I love to exercise outdoors. In order to continue to exercise indoors I really think I need to throw some walking/jogging/running in the mix.

My kids last day of school is next Wednesday. They will be on summer break after that. I have decided that I am going to keep getting up at 6am even though I don't have to be at work until 8:30am, so that I can run/walk/jog in the mornings. The afternoons I will focus on either abs or weights. I'm pretty excited about my new plan because it is working with things that I love to do. I don't' want to give up TJ, but right now I need to get into the habit of being active, and if that requires me pushing my butt out the door then so be it. The evenings will be TJ with either abs or the weighted TJ. So I'm not totally giving it up.

All my friends are so active and healthy. I just want to be healthy again. I am done moaning about the weight I have gained in the last year. I'm ready to move on. So that is what I'm doing.

4 comments:

irish_robbie said...

well jogging/running/walking for the last 3 days sounds pretty dang healthy!!! You're well on your way to getting that "Healthy Lifestyle" you mention!!!

I like running but I personally think it can be REALLY hard sometimes. Staying focused and dedicated to it is tough! So Congrats to you for 3 days in a row! that REALLY is something!

I like the idea of NOT giving up Turbo either. If its a good workout (which is obviously is) and you LOVE it then why in the world would you give it up. It is VERY rare to find an exercise or workout that you LOVE! Hold on to it tight!!! :)

I hope you have an awesome weekend Leann!! I will talk to ya soon!

RoBBiE

Unknown said...

Robbie! DUD! Congrats on your clss! I think all those girls just wanted to check out the new hot guy instructor! :)

I agree that running is hard at times, but so peaceful. You can just clear your mind and enjoy the moment.

I went again this morning. Felt awesome!

Thanks for stopping by and making my day. you always make me smile!

KellyC said...

Running/jogging/fast walking is my enemy. I don't care for shin splints.
But, what you said is exactly why I signed up for the boot camp - someone else kicking my ass, my body doing something completely different 5 days a week for a month, and getting back into a healthier eating pattern.
I know that when July gets here, I won't be as out of control-feeling with the food, after having done this all month.

I bought a pair of jeans on May 20th at Gordman's (love that store!) in Grand Forks that I wanted for after boot camp - I could barely do them up.
After one week of eating the way I posted on my blog, I am sitting here, in the jeans, and am not uncomfortable.
I can't wait to see what 3 more weeks of self-discipline will bring.

I want to be healthy, too, but I know I'll never be in league with people who don't have wrist trouble, neck trouble, and migraine trouble, so I'm really trying to be the healthiest me I can!

Good luck with the running/jogging thang. I think you're crazy, but hey . . . takes one to know one.

Unknown said...

I'm not totally comfortable with the run/jog part yet. My hip is still trying to get used to it, and my shins no likey. But I love to be outside and since I'm not a bicycicler I have to settle for the other. :)

I do love how I feel afterwards though. I love the fact that I can work up a good sweat and not feel nausious. It's so hard working out in the house. I get really hot and sick to my stomach. When I go running in the morning it's nice and cool and it keeps me from overheating.

I think you be the crazy one with this here boot camp stuff. NO WAY could I do that!

I agree about being the best you can be! I will never be a Traci. She is smack on in her eating and exercise. I would be beating myself up all the time if I tried to compare myself to her. I am sick of comparing. I too want to be the healthiest person I can be.

I had two beers last night and pizza. I didn't stress. I enjoyed and knew that it wasn't something I did all the time so it's all good.

BTW, takes one to know one! :)