Monday, May 15, 2006

May 15th, day 1

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG....

Day 1. Today is the day! My girlfriend came over on Saturday. We mapped out our food and exercise. For the first two days she is going to do it on her own. She has never done Turbo Jam so she is going to work the Learn & Burn video for two days. :) I'll give it to her!

Wouldn't you know it though, the day I start is the hottest day of the year. Actually the hottest day on record! :) It's going to hit 94 today. Kind of makes me wish I had gotten my rear out of bed at 5am to workout when it was nice and cool. I think I will be doing that tomorrow morning. :) It's crazy hot here! And the wind is whipping around all the hot air, I feel like I'm in a convection oven!

I am still so excited to be starting my workout program! I lost two pounds last week and that was just because I was watching my intake a little closer. I wasn't dieting in the least because the word "diet" is a bad word. I didn't count calories, or points, or fat, or carbs or anything. I ate when I was hungry, stopped when I was full and asked myself if I was hungry or thirsty before I ate. I wasn't completely good, I had a cookie or two. :) But I still lost and that is cool.

Now I am going to be so sore come Wednesday. My own experience tells me that tomorrow will be ok until about 4pm. Then I will start to tighten up. So working out tonight and then again tomorrow morning might be a good thing. :) I'll get two workouts in before my muscles realize what hit them!

I am going to the store tonight to stock up on some veggies. I am going to make my awesome veggie/bean soup to eat for lunch or dinner for the rest of the week. I love this stuff. More like a stoup than a soup. You know, a stew/soup. Brown rice, black beans, salsa, carrots, onions, garlic, celery, green beans. Really really spicy and yummy. I like to add some extra peppers. Some chili powder...yummm. I'm making myself hungry! lol!

I weighted myself this morning and I am starting out the 10 day challenge at 170.5lbs. That is the heaviest I have been since I was pregnant with my third child. I actually didn't even weight this much when I was 9 months pregnant with my first two children. Sheesh!

But on a better note, I am still not into a size 16/18. That is the size I was before I started my journey with Beachbody products. I got down to a size 10 and stuck there for over two years. Had a breast reduction, then ended up having another surgery to remove a growth in the bone on my left hand. I didn't gain weight after the reduction, but I didn't lose anymore either. But after the hand surgery my weight just ballooned! I'm not sure why it went up so fast. I didn't think my eating habits had changed that much. But I wasn't' able to workout for a while...anyways I digress, what I had originally started to say is that I am not as big in clothing as I should be. I only weighted 165 when I first started beachbody. I am up to a size 12/14. So I should be able to lose this weight and the fat fairly quickly. My muscles already know what to expect. They have been through this before.

Bring it on! :)

More ramblings will take place throughout the week.

No comments: