Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Too much TV!

I am beginning to realize that even though I have always thought I didn't watch very much TV, in actuality I do. I haven't sat down to read a book in months. I have been reading magazines and online articles. I haven't knitted for a month. I haven't done much of anything for a month. I know, I know...It's easy to say "but I've been sick". Yes, being sick makes it hard to concentrate on reading. Watching TV seems to be the only thing your brain can handle. But when you have been sick for so long, and it doesn't seem to be going away I think it's time to take control. Control of my remote control.

I have recently acquired a book I am very anxious to read. I will be focusing my mental energies on reading a book that will help me to improve upon myself. This has me excited. I used to read self help books way back. Zig Ziegler is a great motivational writer. But I haven't read anything in years to help myself other than how-to books. How to eat right, exercise right, portion control, diet, exercise, diet, exercise, diet, exercise. That's about it. Now I am going to start working on the inside too. My brain needs to be rebooted. :)

Exciting times they are ahead. I'll keep you all posted. (all three of you that read this) :)

2 comments:

KellyC said...

I watch more tv since I stopped working evening a few years back.
A lot of tv just makes me want to punch the screen, including commercials, so I'm a very "flippy" TV kinda person.
That remote needs the batteries replaced more often than most, I would think.

I also used to read more. I don't know if it's my age, or what, but I have been finding it hard to concentrate on more than a magazine in the last couple of years.
When I do read a book, I'm so impatient to read it, that I end up staying awake too late, and wasting the next day being tired, or whatever . . . I need to find a balance of, say, reading for an hour a day, and stopping.

Like everything else in my life, I have to work on the all-or-nothing attitude.

Unknown said...

I have the same issue Kelly. I get into the book and can't put it down. If I get into a show I will stay up late to watch it...at least I used to. Now I Tivo it. Or DVR it. :)