Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A nice quiet weekend.


Here is a picture of the most wonderful man in the world. At least I think so. :) We have been together since the summer of 1984. I was 15, he was 18. We got married in 1988, I was 18 at the time and smitten. He is still just as handsome as ever! :) This was taken at his brothers wedding, which he performed. He is also an ordained minister who performs non-domination weddings. He loves being in the spotlight, so it works well for him.

At the time of this photo we had no idea he was a walking heart attack waiting to happen. Who would have thought that a healthy guy on the outside could have such bad cholesterol and triglyserides on the inside.

He got his numbers back from the doctor on Friday and he is freakin psyched! His triglyserides were up over 500 three months ago, now they are down to 132. His cholesterol was around 360, now it is down to 107. His bad cholesterol, which they couldn't even get an accurate reading on because it was so high (they estimated over 170) is now down to 27. He is no longer considered a walking heart attack! YEAH! My husband is all excited to start working out. And the strange thing is that he isn't over weight per say. Maybe 10 lbs. He is tall and thin. So he was unhealthy on the inside but had the appearance of a very healthy man. Exercises regularly, he plays and coaches basketball. So we would have never known how bad it was if we hadn't had it checked. It was so bad that they detected inflammation around his heart too. That is also gone. And his kidneys are taking the medication well. No change in liver and kidney function!

I have been thinking a lot about my fitness goals, and my overall health goals. I am excited about it. I haven't been excited about fitness goals in a while. I think it's because I have also started focusing on my attitude. Fitness should be fun. I want to have fun. So I will! So there! :)

The only stressful thing I had to deal with is my son spiking a high fever and feeling awful. Poor baby. :( He is doing better now, fever gone, but he can't talk much. His voice is about gone. His toncils are still huge, so he may end up on antibiotics. I swear that kid always gets tonsillitis when he gets sick. My oldest always gets a sinus infection, and my middle child gets ear infections! Sheesh! I guess that is their weak spots. It could be worse.


No comments: