Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Shake What Your Momma Gave Ya!

Tonight my fit club ladies and I braved Leondro and the Brazil Butt Lift! We did Cardio Axe (pronounced ah-shay).  This workout is almost 30 minutes, which isn't long really, and was so much fun!  This is one of those workouts that you have so much fun doing in a group!  I have to be honest though.  My body doesn't move the way the people on the video move.  The gyration, hip moves, not to mention moving your arms at the same time.  I was not blessed with rhythm.  Although I was not the most fluid in my movements I gave it all I could.  The ladies had so much fun and we laughed so much!  Maybe that is the added benefit to working out as a group! We can laugh at ourselves and sometimes each other. :)


I actually was thinking about not working out with the others.  I hadn't been feeling 100% today and I couldn't decide if I was getting sick or if it was from all the smoke in the air from the forest fires.  I decided to give it a go and see what happened.  I'm glad I did.  So many times we give up on our workout or give in too early. I can't help but feel so many of us give up on our goals when we are right on the verge of seeing some great results!  Myself included.  We get into a good groove and we have a routine going.  We feel good about what is happening and then we get sidetracked.  Something happens, one of the kids gets sick, we have to work late or early, we go on vacation.  Something always happens.  That is the way of things.  Just when we are finding success something will happen.  Don't doubt it.  The thing is to anticipate these things.  You can never know exactly what the set back will be but you can be darn sure it will happen.
.
When you start a new program know that you will not go all the way through without a hiccup.  You may not be able to physically plan for these hiccups but you can mentally plan.  Knowing is half the battle.  Understanding that will happen and giving yourself the ability to forgive yourself and continue on your journey.  It's a battle we fight everyday.  Knowing that we need to keep moving forward on our journey and forgive ourselves when we hit a bump in the road.

When most people think about exercise and eating right they think about dieting and losing weight.  They think about time periods.  If I eat 1000 calories a day for the next two months and workout 5 times a week I can lose this much weight.  They never really think about the next 60, 90, 120 days.  It's all about the quick weight loss and then it's over.  I've got a news flash.  Most people know this but don't really want to admit it.  Weight loss, eating healthy, exercising and being healthy is not something you do for a short period of time.  It's something you do for the rest of your life!  So that little bump in the road doesn't seem quite as big as it did before.  Knowing that this is for the rest of your life and you will have things happen makes it a little easier to deal with.

My point in this post...was there a point? Oh yeah, there was! I did a workout tonight that made me feel like a total dork.  I described it to a friend as a comedy of errors.  But I did it and I had a blast.  I didn't let my inner talk stop me from working out even though after 10 minutes I was still thinking about bowing out of the workout because my sinuses hurt so bad.  After the workout was over I felt great and I'm glad I didn't give up.  But even if I was too sick to workout I would have given myself the time I needed to get better and not beat myself up because in the big picture of things it's just a small bump.  Don't give up on yourself.  Don't give up on your health and fitness!  You may almost be a the top of the mountain.  That turn in the road ahead of you may show you the most beautiful view you've ever seen just as you start to head down the other side of that mountain!  This is when the magic happens!  You will some amazing results and then you will start another climb.  Yes, there is another mountain.  And there will be more.  This is your life.  But know that as hard as it is to climb once you get to the top and see what lies before you it's amazing.  Enjoy the trip.  Embrace it! It's your time and you can achieve your goals!

I feel so much better now! Thanks for listening. ;)

No comments: