Monday, May 23, 2011

First Week of ChaLEAN Extreme DONE!

When I first started this week I thought that I was going to have to modify this entire program.  I was so happy when I realized I was going to be able to do this workout with limited modifications!

My modifications so far include:

No jumping of any kind.  I step out when they jump.  I am not going to put that kind of stress on my ankle.  But I still get a great workout and my heart rate stays up there!

Lunges: I still have to be extra careful with lunges on my right side.  It is strange that it's easier to put the weight on the bad ankle and have it in front than to have it be the back lunging leg.  That angle still stresses my ankle a little too much

Standing on one leg for extended times:  I still can't stand on my right leg for a length of time so I have to keep my left toe touched down to the floor or stabilize myself by holding onto a chair.

That's it.  That is all the modifications I've done and it is so amazing to feel like I am doing something great for myself!

Do you have a limitation you are trying to work around?  I'd love to hear from you and hear how you are doing it!  It is so amazing when you let go of the limitations and focus on abilities! Your strengths!

I was just listening to Tony Horton talking this morning. He tore something in his shoulder! OUCH! But he isn't sitting still!  He was talking about working with what you have.  Is your lower body hurt?  Work on upper! Your upper body giving you issues?  Work your lower!  There are so many things you can do.  There is no reason to give up on your health and I want to hear from you!  I want to hear what you are doing to get past your limitations!

No comments: