Friday, December 09, 2005

No Workouts for you!!!


Said in the soup nazi voice.

I have been having a hard time as of late. With having surgery and then an auto accident working out became a thing of the past. Not something I was used to doing anymore. I think back about all the would have's, should have's, could have's. I should have stretched everyday just to keep my momentum and routine going. I could have eaten healthy while I wasn't able to use up a lot of calories, thus ensuring no weight gain. But I didn't. So here I am trying to get back into the swing of things. Not really, how can you consider yourself back into the swing of thigs when you can't even do a workout to get your heart rate up? You can't even get a sweat going. It's stretching only until my doctor releases me for more strenuous exercise. I try and keep positive. Stretching is elongating my muscles, working my muscles when they would otherwise not be worked. I can do that.

My friend Nina has a challenge going on. Who can work out the most often for the months of December, January & February http://beachbody.com. I am finding it a tad harder than I thought. I get so excited to read about everyone else getting excited. All their aches and pains, their sweat. Then I get down because I'm not really exercising.

So I will just keep plugging along, doing what I can do, not stressing about what I can't. I am pretty sure I won't be winning this contest, but my goal is to become more consistant with my workouts. And I think I am accomplishing that. So I am glad that this challenge is going on.

No comments: